Well we haven't been able to get into the training and riding due to the rain and this afternoon it had stopped raining long enough to go for a walk down the road. When I pulled into the driveway and looked over to Sam I wondered if maybe the mud had just impacted in his hooves too much. I cleaned them out and he seemed ok. We went for a walk down the road and then we tried a trot. That was a disaster! Poor little boy was very sore.
I did a little testing and I am wondering if it is a hoof abscess due to the wet weather. I rang Lew and he doesn't think it is because he saw me out riding but last time he had this it started slowly and took about a week to really come to head. I think Sam has a very low pain thresh hold.
I have just paid for the Ron Paterson clinic - $150 down the drain. I wanted to do a comp on the 9th of May but I guess we won't be doing that either. Never mind as long as he gets better! June so maybe a comp in July or August! Just had a look, 19th July. That means we will miss Townsville Show. He might be ok to take in led - hope so I was trying for that this year.
I just feel bad for Sam - I hate seeing him in pain. Then I wonder if it is his joints. He ran out of joint food about 4 weeks ago. I will order some more tomorrow and hopefully I will get that by the end of the week. I will keep you posted!