Monday, March 23, 2009

Sad Sam

I got to go out and see Sam after work this afternoon. Poor little Sam he seemed very depressed! At least the farrier had come out and got new shoes on him so he wasn't as sore. I bought him up to the stable area and gave him a really good brush but the poor boy has some diaherroa so it took some time to scrub dried poo off his bum and back legs.

He seemed to perk up a bit after his brush and cuddles! I really did miss him. I wormed him - he is so good. He holds his mouth shut really tight and then gives in! It is lovely having a horse that doesn't put up too much of a fight to be wormed!

I gave him an extra special feed which of course he loved! I think his shoes should last until next week so I will move him on Saturday. I am not looking forward to telling them that I am moving Sam but it really needs to be done. Horses arrived while I was away and took the paddock that I was promised so I really need to get him out of there.

I have decided to take his shoes off at the new place and try those horse boots when I ride. I have to do some more research first though.

I am going to try and make it out every afternoon this week. Just trying to keep his spirits up! I might even try to go for a ride before I move him.

No comments: