Sunday, February 7, 2010

He's OK!!!!

Friday afternoon we went out to see Sam. It was raining, windy and chilly! Very unusual for this time of year but the rain is welcomed!

I was expecting to see a cold, wet, shivering pony but instead he was hunkered down with his back to the wind and rain but he wasn't cold. I gave him some carrot and a scratch and let him be. He was fine, no scratches, lumps, nothing wrong!!!!! We went to talk to Tracey and while we were up there chatting the weather cleared slightly, stopped raining and the wind died down. He heard a thunder of hooves and they were off!

Sam and three little colts having a lovely time cantering around their paddock, rearing, bucking, playing! Tracey said by 8pm Tuesday night they were having races around their paddock! Sam couldn't keep up so would take a smaller circuit but the colts still over took him. I think he might have forgotten that he is not as young as he used to be!

It is just great seeing him have fun and be relaxed. Friday night I still couldn't sleep but Saturday night I made up for it.

So Sam can live without me, I may not be able to live without him!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good visit and were able to see that he is OK!

SprinklerBandit said...

Sounds like Sam is having a great time on holiday. What fun!