Sunday, March 6, 2011

Astronomic

I am looking at a horse tomorrow night. Astronomic.

Astronomic is a 2yo WB/TB gelding. Will mature 17-17.1hh. Big, expressive mover with rhythmical paces. He has been knowledgeably broken in and schooled. Very quiet, trainable and affectionate temperament. Great to take out. Scored 68% in his first Prep test. Would suit a rider that is looking for a very quiet, straight forward horse that is ready to embark on his career. Currently in light work. View video on You Tube - 'Astronomic: Standout 2yo WB/TB' A video of Astronomic.
He is local to me which is handy. He is a Cleveland Bay cross, I have met his dad, Impeccable Marksman, and fell in love with him when I met him -My main concerns so far are his age and his movement is huge! I don't know if I will be able to ride it and I really don't want to look a fool in front of the owner. I have warned them though and will discuss my concerns when I get there.

Thoughts?

Sam is doing well. One leg swells up a little at night but I think that is from standing around. It goes down during the day when he is out grazing. I gave him a lunge today and it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all.

3 comments:

Gabriella Elise said...

You'll be surprised at how easy it is to adapt to a horse's rhythm and movement when you're actually ON the horse. Don't be too intimidated -- I'm sure it will be much easier to get used to him than you thought.

Best of luck!

Frizzle said...

He's only 2?! I really hope that is a typo, because if he was started that young, he's going to have some major problems. I highly suggest reading this -- http://www.equinestudies.org/ranger_2008/ranger_piece_2008_pdf1.pdf

eventer79 said...

Wait, he is two and is that schooled? No, I would not touch him with a ten foot pole. There will be joint problems and arthritis later and take it from experience, those are NO FUN AT ALL to manage.