Friday, June 15, 2012

Betsy and Grass Seeds!

Yesterday morning I woke up as normal and went out to wake Betsy up (yes it is a tough life when you have to be woken in the mornings with sweet nothings being whispered in your ears). She started to sneeze. Big sneezes. Sneezes that were so big she would hit the ground with he little nose! She would squish up the right hand side of her face and sneeze so hard. Poor little poopie! They soon settled down but would start up again. After about an hour of sneezing fits I decided to take her to the vet.



Yep they thought there was something up there so she had to go into surgery.  I got the call about 2pm that she had woken up and they found a few long grass seeds stuck up there! Poor little Betsy!
These were the culprits!

When I picked her up she seemed ok but when I got her home it was obvious she was still very groggy from the anesthetic. She went to the toilet and then slowly followed me inside where I helped her up onto her bed.


She was up and down a bit, something to drink, something to eat but it wasn't till this morning that ol' Betsy came back to us. A lot happier and sneeze free!!!!!!

Oh she was a sad sight when she was still groggy. You really just have to love them too bits!

1 comment:

A Work In Progress said...

Poor Betsy! I'm glad to hear she's feeling better.

Isn't it funny how a couple grass seeds can be such a problem!