Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poor Sam!

Well we haven't been able to get into the training and riding due to the rain and this afternoon it had stopped raining long enough to go for a walk down the road. When I pulled into the driveway and looked over to Sam I wondered if maybe the mud had just impacted in his hooves too much. I cleaned them out and he seemed ok. We went for a walk down the road and then we tried a trot. That was a disaster! Poor little boy was very sore.

I did a little testing and I am wondering if it is a hoof abscess due to the wet weather. I rang Lew and he doesn't think it is because he saw me out riding but last time he had this it started slowly and took about a week to really come to head. I think Sam has a very low pain thresh hold.

I have just paid for the Ron Paterson clinic - $150 down the drain. I wanted to do a comp on the 9th of May but I guess we won't be doing that either. Never mind as long as he gets better! June so maybe a comp in July or August! Just had a look, 19th July. That means we will miss Townsville Show. He might be ok to take in led - hope so I was trying for that this year.

I just feel bad for Sam - I hate seeing him in pain. Then I wonder if it is his joints. He ran out of joint food about 4 weeks ago. I will order some more tomorrow and hopefully I will get that by the end of the week. I will keep you posted!

No comments: